33. Mas des Oliviers – Spectacular villa with a breathtaking view
Spectacular Villa with a breathtaking view
A 19th-century former farmhouse set in private olive groves. Breathtaking view from the Alps to the Côte d’Azur.
Perched on a hilltop and sheltered by trees, Mas des Oliviers is a beautiful country villa close to the historic village of Mougins and just a short drive from Cannes. The main house offers accommodation for up to ten people, with space for a further four in a separate studio and two in the pool house. Mas des Oliviers is ideally situated for exploring the region—provided you can tear yourself away from its breathtaking views.
The villa sits on a hill between the lower French Alps and the Côte d’Azur, surrounded by a 4000 m2 olive garden with extraordinary panoramic views of the mountains and the sea. The 100-year old Siagne canal meanders south along its boundary passing through Mougins and into Cannes.
By car, the property is just 5 kilometers from the historic village of Mougins, once home to Pablo Picasso, and 11 kilometers from Cannes. Nice airport is 28 kilometers away.
The villa is a perfect jumping-off point for the region—a huge variety of activities are less than 30 minutes away by car. Take a sightseeing flight over the coastline, experience paragliding, blow glass at a traditional factory, walk amongst whales at the Marineland aquarium, explore the nearby caves, hike with a picnic up into the mountains and enjoy sweeping views of the Côte d’Azur coastline from Nice to Cannes, or take a walk from the property along the canal.
Mas des Oliviers is a 350 m2 traditional Provençal “mas”, the ideal family house on the French Riviera.
The main house combines the character of a farmhouse, with its artisanal lime-washed walls and generously proportioned rooms, with the decadence of a luxury villa. The house has five double bedrooms, two of which have en-suite bathrooms.
On the ground floor, the dining room and kitchen open onto the garden providing access to the heated swimming pool, shallow pool, and pool house. Upstairs, the first floor has a spectacular balcony with outdoor fireplace and magnificent views south towards Cannes.
A high-spec kitchen in the main house, a smaller kitchen in the pool house and a gas barbecue on the terrace make cooking a pleasure.
* Reception room with fireplace and guest bathroom
* Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and study
* Spacious balcony with fireplace overlooking the garden with a stunning view of the landscape
* Kitchen with breakfast counter
* Dining room
* Two spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
* One further bedroom and guest bathroom
* 45 m2 terrace
BREAK OUT SPACES
Olive trees dominate the land around the house, and fig and peach trees provide seasonal fruit. Lawns, decking areas, a pétanque pitch overlooked by a wrought-iron bandstand and two swimming pools—one small and one large—with a pool house complete the garden.
There is any number of picturesque places to sit back and relax. Shaded by the canopy of a large plane tree, the hammock beside the pool is a favorite spot to curl up with a good book.
POOL & POOL HOUSE
* Pool house with bedroom and bathroom, small kitchen and sitting area
* Large heated swimming pool
* A small, shallow pool
* Two bedrooms and two bathrooms
* Large patio overlooking the property and the valley
* 35-tree olive grove
* Pétanque court
Touristique registration no: Pending
- Spectacular view, terrace, AC, wifi, dishwasher, washing machine, pool, parking
Rent: Welcome to contact us
- Adults: 16
- Amenities: AC, Balcony, Dishwasher, Parking, Pool, Sea view, Terrace, Washing machine, Wifi
- Size: 350m²
- Categories: Cannes, Homepage, Villas